Custom Fields uses the same file formatting as Shopify for CSV exports and imports. This saves you effort when importing data because you can import the same file into both systems. It also means that you can merge data exports together.
Here's a quick, high-level tutorial on how to merge data from Shopify and Custom Fields into one CSV file.
For this tutorial, you'll need a Google account so you can use Google Sheets, and the Google Sheets Add-On called Merge Sheets. You'll also need a current product export from Shopify and a current product export from the Custom Fields app.
- Export your product data from Shopify and the Custom Fields App.
- Get the "Merge Sheets" Add-on for Google Sheets.
- Go to Google Sheets.
- Open your CF export file in Sheets.
- Import your Shopify export file into Sheets using "Insert New Sheet" option during import.
- In Sheets, click on Add-Ons -> Merge Sheets -> Start
- Set "Main Sheet" to your CF export.
- Set "Lookup Sheet" to your Shopify export.
- During "Select Matching Columns" choose "Handle".
- During "Select Columns to Add" select the columns you want from Shopify, such as "Variant SKU" or "Variant Barcode". Set both Actions to "Add to End".
- During "Additional Options", you may want to add the status column. Click Finish.
That's it! Your selections will be added to the end of the columns in the Custom Fields export sheet/tab.
If you'd like us to add more Shopify columns directly to our exports, let us know in the comments section below.